Punto di incontro dell'Associazione FJR1300 Club Italia
Benvenuto! Effettua l'accesso oppure registrati.

Inserisci il nome utente, la password e la durata della sessione.

Autore Topic: For foreigners in English. (Idea???)  (Letto 6664 volte)

• Visitatore
For foreigners in English. (Idea???)
« il: 10/08/2005, 10:52:08 »
Hallo,

I am from the Netherlands and would like to visit and meet other FJR1300 riders. But my Italian is not so good. Perhaps is it possible to make one page in this forum for international discussions. May be in English.

By the way: I come to Italia on 27 August for about 7 days. I arrive with the auto-night-train in Bologna at 10.45 am. Then ride to Marche for some days. I intend to ride in the mountains there.
I hope I can meet some other FJR drivers.

See you and hope you all stay O.K.

Kees van de Velde
Nijmegen, Holland
cmvandevelde@hotmail.com

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #1 il: 10/08/2005, 11:24:24 »
Hi Kees,

Welcome to the Forum.
There actually is a section for foreign guests. Click on Forum and you'll see a list of topics.
Towards the bottom of the page there's a section just for this called FJR1300 International.

I am sure you have researched your ride area before planning your trip, but I must tell you the best mountain rides are not in the area you selected. You need to move west from Bologna in the direction of the sea for excellent pass roads.

Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can do for you. I'm based in Milan and will be there from August 29.

Ride safe & groetjes :D

Teerex

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #2 il: 10/08/2005, 21:09:30 »
Hallo Kees.. I've planned a trip in the center and south of italy from 30th of August to 7th of September. It's not exacty the area you mentioned, if you wanna take a look to a map to know something more about my trip just let me know andf I'll send you one by e-mail!
Have a good journey!

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #3 il: 10/08/2005, 21:11:50 »
Kees, do you know Kim Kodde from the Y.D.C.N. ?

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #4 il: 10/08/2005, 22:21:08 »
Citazione da: "Gian"
Kees, do you know Kim Kodde from the Y.D.C.N. ?

Hallo Gian,

I do not know him. Is he Dutch?

I go with my Yamaha on the train to Bologna and will arrive on Saturday 27th of August around 10.45 am. Hop to ride southeast direction to Pescara. Look for the campingsite I know: Led Zeppelin. Have been there several times. Stay there for some nights and then back to Farda lake (Limone). From there some passes, via Austria, Germany back home.

Hope to see one or more Yamagha FJR1300 riders.

Ciao a tutti.

Kees

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #5 il: 11/08/2005, 09:20:46 »
Citazione da: "stefanosarao"
Hi Kees,

Welcome to the Forum.
There actually is a section for foreign guests. Click on Forum and you'll see a list of topics.
Towards the bottom of the page there's a section just for this called FJR1300 International.

I am sure you have researched your ride area before planning your trip, but I must tell you the best mountain rides are not in the area you selected. You need to move west from Bologna in the direction of the sea for excellent pass roads.

Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can do for you. I'm based in Milan and will be there from August 29.

Ride safe & groetjes :D

Teerex

Hello Teerex,

Yesterday evening I studied the map of Italy. I saw beautiful roads through the Chianti region. From there along the mountains to Cupra Marittima for meeting some old fellows, try the great wine and food. I take 3 days for riding home, so i leave again at thursday.

Bye to everybody or ciao a tutti sul FJR1300.

Kees

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #6 il: 11/08/2005, 09:52:38 »
Citazione

I do not know him. Is he Dutch?

Well yes he's chairman of Yamaha Diversion Club Netherland.
I know him very well cause we had a few trips around Italy together since 1998...

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #7 il: 11/08/2005, 11:53:40 »
Kees

Citazione

I saw beautiful roads through the Chianti region

I would suggest that you take the state highway SS325 from Bologna to Florence (through Sasso Marconi and Castiglione dei Pepoli). It runs parallel to the motorway but it's a lot more fun.. :lol:
Then you can add some hill-country riding in Chianti.

If you need any help this is my cell number 335-7073091 and I'm back in Italy on Aug 29.

Have a safe ride

Teerex

• Visitatore
Route
« Risposta #8 il: 11/08/2005, 23:16:30 »
Hallo Teerex,

do you possess a GPS? I have the route made in Mapsource for my Garmin 2610. I can send it to you. Only if you like.

Bye for now,

Kees

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #9 il: 12/08/2005, 00:26:24 »
Thanks Kees,

I have a SPIII but am very familiar with the area anyway... :wink:
You have a fun, safe trip and call me if you need any assistance.

Teerex

• Visitatore
(Nessun oggetto)
« Risposta #10 il: 12/08/2005, 10:43:52 »
Hello Teerex,

Thanks for the offer. I will surely call you if I need you.

Bye, Kees